Friday, October 12, 2012

The Unexpected Blessing

HUGE SHIFT!!!!  My new job did not work out... as in - TOTAL FLOP!  Its funny how I almost knew the very first day I started too.  It just wasn't right for me - they thought I was right for them... which made me feel good - but not a lot of people are cut out to be a recruiter.  So, I am turning another corner after leaving my previous job which was very people oriented and thinking I was shifting into a more professional arena, I am now taking a totally different direction and going HOME.  (I know, I'm using a lot of all caps today)

I am excited to say I am exploring a totally new, fun and very exciting option which is to be a more PRESENT mother, one who spends time teaching and pouring into my daughter.  I know what you might be thinking... how are ya gonna pay your bills girl?  Well... that is a good question.  I am starting an in-home daycare center.  I have been marketing and spreading the word and hope to kick things off before Christmas is here... sooner rather than later.  

And, by the way I don't want to knock the moms and dads who are not able to stay home or have limited time with their kids... I have been working full time the last 3 years of my daughters life and we have built a strong bond, created beautiful memories and I wouldn't change any of it but, I knew it was time for a shift for us at this time.  This is a transitional period before preschool, kindergarten and lots of fun new seasons ahead.  I am just so thankful to be a mother first of all... and to get to grow and learn with a 3 year old is a blast.  She is such a gift.  I will keep you posted!  I plan on taking pictures of our adventures together and will be blogging out the fun we experience together.  

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting time in your life! Challenging, scary, new, wonderful, fun, and special!!! You are going to do great things with the little children that God brings to your daycare. You will have such a special position to influence and imprint the little lives in your care and you will do great! So happy you're making this move!

    ReplyDelete